Thursday, March 18, 2010

The love.

Nothing less than the love that there is.
So I surrender, gift you my absence and grant you utter possession of my soul and my living.





I visited that place of death.
It was dark as used to be.
I however didn’t feel the rush this time. ofcourse.
Your make-believe audience were present. They say they grieve for you almost as much too.
The hunching palm trees, remember them ghostly ones? The rustle of them still chill my bones as I take it for your muted footsteps like i did always.

As I nervously laugh now on reminiscence of how much you hated my ubiquitous impulse of a morbid end, I quite contemplate it again standing here by the edge, at my toes.
An arrogantly unceremonious end, I grasp. I stop.

I almost foresee déjà vu; only it is too late for a cliché even.
I see the same galaxy, it’s brighter and the elapsed gaiety warms my heart.
My frail limbs resurrect that time of simultaneous weekdays and perennially broken weekends of forging passion over the coarse, fragmented limestone walls.

It is almost as beautiful as you; the melancholy.
It’s spiteful and solemn. oh, and how.
I plead without no nobility whatsoever now, to end this tempest.
But for the cold-blooded sadist.
Didn’t I always tell you so?

It cast a ghastly shadow of the mortal shape in which death hovered over in deliberate circles.
I was joyous; the thespian slave that I was to succumb to your myth.

So I touched those limestone walls again. To crumble and surrender and overwhelm my spirit like you did.
I desire the feel of the smooth of your skin against mine.
I hunger for the feel of the hollows of your stomach firmly against mine.
I wish for the sickly sweet smell of your breath in mine to linger in me for until the last dawn I see.
I weep beyond coherent reasoning.
Through the length of that ominous space, my vision narrows flinching only to conjure a human figure over that washed out white doors.
I thrust my face now like you did, towards the beckoning melody of the twilight.

Poetic almost, it rhymed like clockwork; your parallel universe crowding mine.
A spiteful piece of art.
Perverse.
Cynical.
Eccentric.


Only this time it is a moral eulogy.
Because the death is of the immortal in me.



Unfortunately or otherwise, I still do.

7 comments:

  1. Is this really yours...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have framed it well.

    good job hahahahah!

    was just kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so a follower or a grudging admirer or just a plain cynic?
    Keep them coming Mr. anonymous, I guess I am starting to look forward to these.
    whoever said women like mystery.

    anyhow, glad you approve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i'm happy that you decided to publish this. I always wanted to read the rest of this piece because of my favourite line. You have quenched my restless heart. I'll tell you what....this piece will be one of the most beautiful ones you will have ever written. I hope you can never touch it's beauty, not because it's perfect. But because it is flawed. It is raw. It. is.Thankyou for sharing it- Garima

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raw? not that it bothers me.

    Took a lot of strength to post it. I'd really rather get it out and done with than suffer with the thought of stifling everytime I fall hopelessly for it.
    Such a narcissist you must think, yes?
    I am not sure I disagree, there are not many things I love as much.

    One of the most beautiful ones, yes.
    Extremely attached. Scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morbid. Engaging. Very. This place of death looks so cinematic! It is more like a painting. But portraits and paintings have multiple personalities based on our perception. Painting of an old woman with pure white hair could signify peace, and the wrinkles could be the waves in the Ganges. And the wrinkles could also signify pain and death. I think your perception of things falls under the morbid category. Beautifully morbid! - KARTIK

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see its you which is a relief.

    morbid yes, because that's by far the only genre which doesn't label or stereotype.

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete

SHOOT!!